Degree System Information.
- Starting in 2010, the Department of Architecture and Architectural Engineering select students separately. The School of Architecture is a five-year professional degree program and it aims, primarily, to cultivate architects.
- School of Architecture : five-year program (architectural planning and design, architectural theory, architectural history, building environment), Bachelor of Architecture degree given upon graduation. Architectural planning and design pursues appropriate design and spatial organization principles for different building purposes, then provides unique aesthetics. Architectural theory and history is the study of the world history of architecture, encompassing an understanding of the philosophies that define architecture by era, to explore the relationship between society and architecture. Building environment introduces new planning elements, environment and energy. Focusing on the desire for comfortable design and energy saving buildings. Giving support to sustainable and environment-friendly city planning by enhancing the energy efficiency of each building through green building.
- Until 2009, new students were under the single department system of Architecture and Architectural Engineering. They chose their major, either architecture or architectural engineering at the end of the second semester of the first year. The Architecture major was a five-year professional degree program and it's primary aim was the cultivation of architects. The Architectural engineering major was a Bachelor of Science degree program in the structure, construction, construction management and building services of the architectural engineering field. It aimed to educate future professional engineers in related field.
- Architecture major : five-year program (architectural planning and design, architectural theory, architectural history, building environment), Bachelor of Architecture degree given upon graduation.
- Architectural engineering major : four-year program (building structure, building construction, construction management, building services), Bachelor of Science degree given upon graduation.
Building structure focuses on understanding load flows in building structures to support buildings mechanically, and studies methods to design safe and creative building structures.
Construction management and policy research group, researches and develops technology and government policy for dynamic construction project management aimed at the advancement of construction management.
Building services studies the comprehensive theories of building services and related technology for a comfortable and convenient life in buildings.
Students who complete the Architectural Engineering Accreditation Program will receive a Bachelor of Science in Architectural Engineering degree and others will receive a Bachelor of Science in Engineering degree.