Photo in Space is a society in the School of Architecture at Pusan Nation University, which revolves around the study of black and white film photography. Since it's establishment in 1989, various pieces of black and white photography have been created ad show us the artists expression excellently. Even though film photography has lost it's position with the advent and rise of digital photography, this society has remained loyal to the art of black and white photography, redirecting it's motivation to aspects different from digital, aspects focused on nostalgia. Society members complete the entire process themselves, from black and white film development to print. They also study through seminars about the many integral parts, such as composition and structure of picture, and the ideas related to, being a photographer.
Society contents and fieldwork
Seminars during terms and vacations
- Theory study for black and white photography.
- Technological study regarding photograph development and printing through practice.
Visits and photography during terms and vacations
- Visits on weekends to the suburbs for photography during terms
- Visits to more distant places that are not available during term time will be held at other times
Photography exhibitions during terms
- Selection and exhibition of photos taken during terms or vacations